Curry Goat is a popular Caribbean dish and is one of Jamaican National dishes. There is no complete island party without it. Specially formulated to help you make authentic curry goats, the combination of sunset spices captures the essence of the a full caribbean flavour.
Try our delicious recipes and let us help you lift your food with authentic Jamaican flavors. Enjoy!
- Gluten FreeTropical Sun Curry
- Gluten Free
Here we go: This is what you’ll need for the Curry Goat Recipe
- 1kg goat meat, washed and cubed,
- 2½ tbsp Tropical Sun Curry Goat Seasoning,
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of Minced Garlic Paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped, 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 150ml Rapeseed Oil
- 1ltr water, boiling
- 1 tsp Tropical Sun Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Lamb Stock
- 1 tbs White Vinigar
- 1/2 tsp Tropical Sun Authentic Jerk Seasoning Mild
- Season the goat meat with the curry goat seasoning, black pepper, thyme, salt and garlic paste and tropical sun curry paste.
- Simply stir in the tropical sun curry paste on the goat meat, mutton or vegetables to get a true authentic caribbean flavoured curry or for a milder taste you can just paste it onto our meats or vegetables before you cook it.
- Mix in the onion, spring onions, scotch bonnet pepper, carrots and celery and mix thoroughly before leaving the mixture to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight
- Split the mixture into 3 separate batches to be cooked one after another. For each batch, put one third of the rapeseed oil into a heavy-based pot (e.g. a Dutch pot) on high heat. Remove the meat from the marinade and brown. Do not throw out the marinade as it is added back in at the later stages
- Add in lamb stock powder and cover the meat with the boiling water, simmering for 2 hours, or until the meat is tender (you should be able to cut it with a spoon)
- Add the marinade mixture back in and simmer for a further 30 minutes
- The dish should have a stew-like consistency. Add more water if required
- Serve and enjoy!